On this episode of “Bella in your Business” Bella speaks with Leanne Shannon, Co Owner of It’s Raining Cats & Dogs – Pet Sitters of the Palm Beaches.
Bella and Leanne talk about
- Leanne’s understanding of dog walking v pet sitting before….. and after working with Bella.
- Why learning this helped her and her husband create the foundation to build a strong empire.
- Leanne’s understanding of where pricing structure and strategy came from before and after working with Bella
- How Leanne went about understanding and absorbing the material in a way that worked for her.
- How important is it to follow a good mentor or coach.
Leanne Shannon and her husband, Tommy were both laid off in 2008 after long professional careers in Corporate America. Not wanting to continue their careers, a friend (their first client) suggested they start a pet sitting business because of their deep love of animals. They joined the professional pet sitting associations, read books, articles, got bonded and insured and started their business 9 years ago. They wanted to grow their business from a Mom & Pop working 16 hour days, 7 days a week but didn’t know how or if they had the time or money to make the transition. In January of this year, they made the decision to reach out to Bella Vasta with Jump Consulting. It has been a slow process, only because they have a full client roster plus it’s huge paradigm shift from where they were to where they want to be; completely automated, building the brand and hire employees.