On my private Facebook group page, the topic has come up about using pictures on our blogs. Some pet sitters have been getting letters from a certain online picture hosting site, demanding payment for the use of their photos. This has come as a shock for two reasons:
1 – Many business owners believe that if they find a photo on Google Images, it is able to be used as they want.
2 – The bills have been substantial. Up to $1,000 dollars!
In this audio clip we discuss:
- What is copyright infringement.
- What to do if you get a letter from a company.
- What is most likely to happen if you ignore these letters?
- We discuss sharing photos on facebook
- Are you still responsible for copyright infringement if there is no watermark on the photo?
- …and more!
I believe in always going to the source so I gave my business lawyer a call here in Arizona and recorded the call so that I could shed some light onto this subject. Brent Kleinman is from the Kleinman Law Firm. Follow him on FB and ask him questions there!