Episode 148: What I Would Have Done Differently If I Started My Business Today
This episode, I want to get into the six things I did wrong when I started my pet business. If you have not been listening since episode 1, I started my pet sitting company in 2002 when I found out I could get paid to sleep with two dogs for my neighbor who traveled four days each week.
I didn’t know anything about business and had to figure it out on my own, so I went to a lot of networking events and made friends with people who knew more than me, but I made many mistakes. I live with no regrets though because I learned a lot from those experiences and that’s what I’m sharing with you.
Biggest Takeaway You Don’t Want To Miss
Invest in your own business and your own learning early on, it’s a mind-shift, you are not spending, you are investing. What costs the most amount of money is not having the knowledge and not having the right team. Remember that your business should work for you, you should not work for it.
- Are you investing back into your business? [3:15]
- Are you investing in yourself? [6:30]
- Is it a people problem or a process problem? [9:50]
- Who is doing your marketing? [13:30]
- Did you develop your own website? [16:00]
- When is it time to switch to employees? [18:50]
- Barketing Solutions: barketing.co/
- Jump & Scale Webinar: jumpconsulting.net/scale
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 24:39 — 22.6MB)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!