Episode 177: Staying Compliant with Staff In Your Pet Business – The Best Kept Resource!
Today I want to share with you the best-kept resource in staying compliant with staff in your pet business. The Pet Industry Coalition is an organization dedicated to educating and advocating for the regulation and compliance of the Pet Industry. To tell you all about it, I’ve brought on two of the four co-founders, Lauren Cora and Katie Pape.
Lauren is the owner of Dogs Deserve It, a dog walking company based out of Chicago, IL. Dogs Deserve It recently celebrated 10 years of service and has over 55 employees.
Similarly, Katie’s business Windy City Paws, is located in Chicago and has been in business for 10 years now. Katie has over 75 employees.
Biggest Take Away You Don’t Want To Miss
With the pet industry being a rather unregulated business, staying compliant with staff in your pet business can be difficult. Thus, the Pet Industry Coalition was developed. Through the coalition they work to ensure businesses are aware of the differences between independent contractors and employees, as well as, the consequences of misclassifying staff.
- The start of the Pet Industry Coalition [5:02]
- Mission of the coalition and who it’s for [8:18]
- The difference between an employee and an independent contractor [9:20]
- What to expect as a member of the Pet Industry Coalition [17:02]
- The consequences of misclassifying staff [25:40]
- Join the Coalition
- Audit Case Study
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’’
Are You New Here?
Welcome, I am so glad you are here. If you are a dog walker, dog sitter, cat sitter, doggy daycare or kennel owner, then you found the right place. Jump Consulting is the one place on the internet to get all the resources you need for your pet care business. Can I give you some freebies to generate sales and increase revenues for your business? Grab your freebies below.
- Are you starting out? Been in business for less than two years? Get your startup resources here.
- Do you own an established pet care business and you want to take it to the next level.? Get Your builder resources here.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 28:12 — 25.9MB)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!