We talk a lot about social media presence and making your business known on the media. However, we don’t often get the chance to talk about how to get your pet business in the media such as newspapers, magazines or even on TV.
To teach us how to get in the media I’ve brought on Rachel Spencer, a journalist, and blogger for the Pet Industry who helps pet businesses create content and promote their work in the media.
Biggest Take Away You Don’t Want To Miss
When pet businesses are everywhere and companies like Rover and Wag are soaring with popularity, getting your business out there and validated as credible, has never been more important. If someone is searching for a dog walker or pet sitter, you want to be the business that comes up on google. A good way to guarantee you show up first is by having media coverage. Thus, providing you with credibility and building trust in your business.
- How can media coverage help a pet business? [4:29]
- What kind of stories do journalists like to get from pet businesses? [6:10]
- What story I should be telling about my business? [8:35]
- How do I figure out what publications to approach? [11:21]
- How do I prepare to talk to a journalist? [14:28]
- Is all of this advice applicable for visual media too? Such as TV [17:35]
- How do I make the most of the media coverage? [20:07]
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’’