Resiliency, Black Swans, & Perseverance Through The Darkest Times
We all have black swan events happen in our life. The Covid-19 Pandemic has definitely been an elephant-sized black swan event to the pet business. It has tested the resilience and patience of a larger number of Jumpers. Today I want to share a lesson on antifragility.
Asha Olivia is the owner/operator of Hoby Dogy serving Hoboken, NJ ever since 2012
Asha is also a warrior. For example, she is a stage, four cancer survivor. Asha also counsels others with deep wisdom. This is wisdom won from a lifetime of going to battle. She works hard to improve every single day. Therefore, Asha has become a guiding light in this world as a result of her daily improvements. Meanwhile, when Asha is not serving others, you will find her taking long walks with her dear husband Jan and their dreamy puppies Lovey and Savey who they met and rescued on the streets of Colombia.
Black Swan Show Highlights
- [1:40] – Who is Asha Olivia?
- [5:00] – What is a Black Swan moment?
- [8:00] – Can you describe what the differences are between “fragile,” “resilient,” and “antifragile?”
- [9:30] – Would you be able to tell us how you felt at that moment when you received your diagnosis. More importantly, how did that play into the different mindset conditions?
- [14:30] – What is the story of Vice Admiral James Stockdale and what is the Stockdale Paradox?
- [18:00] – How do you become antifragile?
- [22:00] – Finally, what do you suggest that the audience’s first steps be so that they maintain their antifragility?
- The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RI99IM/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009K6DKTS/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
- In Love and War by Vice Admiral James Stockdale: https://www.amazon.com/Love-War-Familys-Sacrifice-Vietnam/dp/0060153180/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1588105632&sr=1-1
- Good to Great by James Collins: https://www.amazon.com/Good-Great-Some-Companies-Others/dp/B00E5NTYP0/ref=sr_1_13dchild=1&keywords=good+to+great+james+collins&qid=1588105401&s=books&sr=1-13
- Podcast with Nick Trevillian: https://jumpconsulting.net/episode-190-how-to-move-the-mountain-in-your-life/
- Liz Illg: https://www.lizillg.com/
- Asha’s Website: https://www.hobydogy.com
- Women & Lung Cancer Article: https://time.com/5720763/lung-cancer-rates-women-men
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’’
Are You New Here?
Welcome, I am so glad you are here. If you are a dog walker, dog sitter, cat sitter, doggy daycare or kennel owner, then you found the right place. Jump Consulting is the one place on the internet to get all the resources you need for your pet care business. Can I give you some freebies to generate sales and increase revenues for your business? Grab your freebies below.
- Are you starting out? Been in business for less than two years? Get your startup resources here.
- Do you own an established pet care business and you want to take it to the next level.? Get Your builder resources here.