How Relationships and Emotions Impact Your Business
Bella talks about a common thread she sees year to year in business owners. This includes the depth of emotions and how paralyzing they can be when it comes to going about your daily work and your business. Bella opens up about her own experiences in a painful divorce and trying to keep her business running at prime levels.
CAUTION: This episode is very raw and transparent. We are including a trigger warning here for anyone who may be sensitive to this type of material.
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss
Emotional Abuse, Blatant Insults, Isolation, Coping, Loneliness, Embarrassment, Anger.
If you’ve gone through emotional trauma, breakups or divorce, you may recognize some of those emotions. Bella lays her heart on the line. If you think you are alone, you’re not. She stresses it over and over. Her heartfelt identification with these emotions comes through. We are not alone.
The Importance of Emotional Intelligence.
In this section, Bella discusses how the popular book Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman helped her through some of her more difficult times. Goleman popularized the concept of emotional intelligence (EI) and its use to help manage your emotions and guide your behavior and thinking. You can improve your EI with regular practice of controlling your emotions and staying calm when they overwhelm you.
Why It’s Important to Deal with Emotional “Baggage.”
It’s so critical that we deal with the emotions that are crippling us and holdings us back in life, business and relationships. The trauma that Bella relates to us doesn’t always happen in divorces or romantic relationships. It comes in all forms. It can happen in friendships, family relationships – even in some business relationships.
Getting the Right Help From the Right Sources.
Remember, you are NOT alone. A failed relationship doesn’t mean you are a failure. But it is critical that you surround yourself with the right people and that you get help from sources that are qualified and that are also GOOD for you. Bella shares resources that were helpful to her during some of her most soul crushing moments.
- DON’T MISS the opening. If you’ve ever doubted yourself or felt like you were alone in your feelings and emotions or what is/has been happening, you will know you aren’t alone after hearing the intro.
- Emotional Intelligence and why you need to know about it. [7:20]
- Importance of Dealing with Emotional Baggage [9:48]
- Emotional Intelligence and how it can set you free [13:00]
- Sources for getting help and ideas to get started [16:00]
- Emotional “flags” to look for [18:40}
https://amzn.to/2LOM90Y – Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goldman
Don’t forget to check out all the free resources in Bella’s free Facebook group. https://jumpconsulting.net/group
Share The Show:
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’