In this episode of “Bella In Your Business”, Bella speaks with Cara Armour, Product Manager with ProTrainings a pet cpr and first aid online training program for pet business owners.
In 2003 Cara Armour co-founded Active Paws Inc., in the Boston, MA area. In 2009, Cara won Pet Sitter of the Year. She is decorated in many accolades and even expanded to opening a grooming and holistic pet supply store.
Since 2003, Cara has been trained by the American Red Cross as well as several veterinarians in Pet First Aid and CPR. In 2011 she completed an instructor training course and became a certified Pet First Aid and CPR instructor. In 2015 she co-founded an online Pet First Aid academy and now works as a product and marketing manager for ProPetHero, the Pet First Aid and CPR division of ProTrainings.
She is also a volunteer and foster home for The Boxer Rescue Inc, a health conscious breeder of Boxers.
Bella and Cara talk about Pet First Aid and how to go about training you and your staff.
They discuss the benefits of being trained which are:
- Being able to save the lives of your pets or pet clients.
- Learning to recognize potential issues with a pet and bring that to the owner’s attention.
- Being able to use that trained status to attract more clients.
They talk about how an online training course, such as the ones available through ProPetHero are more useful than in-person training because:
- They are taught by an actual veterinarian using real animals.
- You can do them at your own pace and anywhere you want.
- Business owners offering them to their employees can have a dashboard that shows each employee’s progress.
- You have access to them for up to two years and can go back and revisit sections as you see fit.
Bella was even able to secure a special discount for “Bella in your Business” fans. You can get 10% off by going to here.
Coupon code: CPR-petsitter