In this episode, Bella speaks with Jennifer Taylor, the Founder and owner of JenLovesPets, an award-winning San Diego pet sitting and dog walking company.
After sitting down with Jennifer in her home town of San Diego, Bella was so impressed with the vast knowledge and stories that Jen has that she immediately knew she had to be on a podcast with the intent to help elevate the pet industry when it comes to approaching and accepting clients who are aggressive or fearful.
In This Episode:
Bella and Jen talk about “aggressive” dogs and how people often lump fearful dogs into the same category. Jennifer discusses some of the causes of aggression and ways to overcome it.
Listen in as they discuss:
1. What is the difference between fearful and aggressive dogs?
2. What advice would you have for a sitter who encounters a fearful or aggressive dog during a consultation? What steps should they take to ensure their safety?
3. What if that situation was that pet sitter’s staff member? How can one train their staff to acknowledge these types of pets and alert management?
4. Tell me a success story with a two and four legged client and how you were able to create a happy environment for that pet (the one you told me)
5. Where can sitters go to get more education on this topic for themselves and their staff?
They also discuss how a pet sitter would go about working with a fearful dog by including dog behavioralists and trainers on the team. Jen also lists some great resources for those who want to work with fearful dogs.
Mentioned In The Episode:
The Pet Professional Guild – http://www.petprofessionalguild.com/