Episode 91: Becoming Known In Your Community With Mark Schaefer
Talking to Mark Schaefer is always an inspiration. Not only does he have advanced degrees in marketing and organization, he is the author of five best-selling books and a professor at Rutgers. You can find his books are even being used as textbooks. And he’s so approachable and humble. Today we are getting to know all about his new book Known and soak up all the knowledge he has to offer. So, how do you raise awareness in your community about your business? Mark has the answers and we’re ready to listen!
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want To Miss:
- How do you go about building a connection with the community? You have to have a permanent and sustainable advantage in your community as a company. And it’s not about being a huge influencer, it’s more about having a presence as well as an authority to give your business a real chance. Ultimately you want to show your community why your business matter.
- Is there a right way or wrong way to create an online presence? How do you get started becoming known in your community online? If you want to have a business you have to have a plan, you can not just have a passion. There is no set way, podcast or blog that will undoubtedly lead you to success. However, you do have to have some kind of content. If you’re not having fun, your audience will know, so find a way to express your passion. People will gravitate towards you if you show excitement.
- What’s the best social media to use? It’s great that in our society that we have so many mediums in order to get your business out there. Previously, you had only had print, now there are tons of options. It’s not true that you have to be in all mediums. All you have to do is pick one content source and focus on that. In short, pick the one that you that brings you joy. Have a 30-month mindset before you even think about giving up.
- What is the difference between being well known and being a celebrity? [2:00]
- How to create a plan for getting your business known in your community [5:30]
- What is needed to really become known? [10:00]
- Mark’s personal branding notebook and how it helps [14:30]
[Tweet ““Don’t let things happen to you, take control of it.””]
[Tweet ““Make it happen, don’t let it happen to you.””]
[Tweet ““Passion without a plan is a hobby.””]
Make sure to check out the brand new revised edition of Known on Amazon today!
Find out more about Mark Schaefer at his website BusinessesGrow.com. Here you can tap into his knowledge through his blogs, books, and social media connections!
Share The Show:
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:38 — 18.2MB)
Awesome Bella! Big fan!