Happy October! It’s finally starting to feel a lot more like Fall. The leaves are changing, the weather is getting colder, and Halloween is coming up. As a business owner, this month is a total gold mine in terms of content creation. I mean, who doesn’t want to look at photos of dogs in costumes?? Let’s a take a look at a number of pet sitting October blog or video ideas that you can use this month…
4 October Pet Sitting Blog Or Video Ideas
1. Holidays – Halloween!
As I mentioned earlier, Halloween is one of the best holidays for marketing your pet business. People absolutely love to see dogs, cats, and other furry critters dressed up in spooky costumes. Alternatively, many people aren’t aware of the dangers that chocolate and candy can pose to our fur-babies, so Halloween can be a great time for teaching. Here are some blog or video ideas around Halloween:
- Should I Take My Dog Trick Or Treating With Me On Halloween?
- Top 10 Spookiest Costumes For Your Dog On Halloween
- What Happens If My Dog Eats Chocolate On Halloween?
- How To Reduce My Dog’s Doorbell Anxiety On Halloween
The list goes on and on!
2. It’s Starting To Feel A Lot Like Fall
Weather is a great topic to write or talk about, because many pet owners are not too sure how to care for their pets when the weather changes. Since October is typically cold and windy, you can write some blogs (or make videos) educating your clients on how they can care for their pets during the Autumn Season:
- What Should I Do About My Dog’s Fall Allergies?
- Can Pumpkin Be Harmful For My Dog?
- Is It Safe To Walk My Dog At Night?
- What Should I Do If My Dog Gets Fleas/Ticks?
These are just a few ideas, but if you think on it a little while I am sure you’ll come up with more interesting questions worth answering! If you have a good question, research it and then blog about it!
3. Fall Games & Activities
If you live somewhere that’s very hot, most of you clients were likely not taking their dog outside much during the Summer. Now that it’s starting to cool off, it’s the perfect time to start getting Fido back into an exercise routine!
Try searching the Internet for games that dogs and their owners can play outside, such as hide-n-go seek with a treat. Compile a list! You can even write or talk about the best hiking trails in your area, outdoor pet-friendly cafe’s, or dog parks. The list is truly endless.
4. Don’t Forget About The Pet Educational Themes Of The Month
There are quite a few interesting topics you can talk about for October. Consider exploring one, two, or all of them if you prefer!
- National Pit Bull Awareness Month: Write a blog or make a video educating about the stereotypes attached to pit bulls.
- Adopt-A-Dog Month: Discuss the considerations for adopting a new dog or adding a new animal to the home.
- Adopt-a-Shelter Dog Month: Talk about the benefits of rescuing a shelter dog, or other ways people can help even if they can’t adopt.
- National Animal Safety and Protection Month: Educate your audience about the different ways they can ensure their pets safety.
I hope these October pet sitting blog or video ideas are helpful to you and are able to give you some inspiration. If you are a pet sitting business that DOESN’T have a blog – it’s never too late to start.
If you choose to write about any of these topics – be sure to post a link to your blog in the comments section so I can read it. I want to see where your creative minds take these ideas!