Recently I asked my private facebook group called I Own A Pet Sitting Company With Staff why they loved having Pet Sitting Employees and Independent Contractors. This is a few of their answers:
- I love having staff because I can rest when I’m injured!
- Allows us to get away.
- I love having staff so that I don’t have to work today. Just being honest!
- So I can stay in on a rainy day (like today) and spend time with my own pets:)
- Allows me time for my personal life, even when it isn’t fun personal stuff. I have a pet at home on a feeding tube this week and it would have been hell handling his frequent care if I also had clients to service throughout the day.
- Because I can get out of town to visit family.
- Not having to do overnights!! Staff does them.
- still blows my mind that I am able to make money “without doing anything” (aka laying with my dog in bed with my laptop and coffee)
- I LOVE having staff because I got to take my first vacation in three years!!! Two weeks of bliss in Prague and Krakow, having fun with my husband and no worries!
- I love my pet sitting employees because I get to stay at home and prepare for baby (she’s 1 week past her due date) and go out to lunch with my husband! And I come back home to find an email from one of my sitters to a client from “her dogs” talking about how much fun they had on their beach field trip today! It talked from the pups perspective and included some adventures and other friends they met there. And, my sitter found a heart shaped rock on the beach and left it for my client. Geez how sweet!!! This is one of my most awesome clients too who has been with me for years. Yay!
- I love my IC’s because the work they do allows me to grow my business, which in turns allows me to give them more work.
How Real Are These Answers?
These are all ACTUAL answers from pet sitting business owners with independent contractors or employees across the country. Quite amazing, huh
I personally would have to agree with everything they have said. It allows you time to not be tied down. It gives a business owner choices in what they want to do. Work in the field, market, blog, spend time with family, travel, etc.
If you are wondering how can you get to this place, I would love to talk to you and help you achieve all your goals. I have a four week class that I can teach you step by step what you need to do in order to have employees.
In the meantime, if you have staff, tell me below why you love having them and what it enables you to do in your life.