Episode 102: After The Death Of A Partner, How One Pet Sitting Business Owner Kept Going
Laura Wright is the owner and founder of PAWright Pet Services. She started this business in 2012 with her husband, Erik, after she was laid off from an insurance company. Neither of them wanted to start over in the corporate world. Since they both had extensive experience with animals, they decided to begin a pet-related company. After Erik passed away, Laura struggled with finding the inspiration and motivation to keep going. Today, Laura describes how she was able to persevere and explode her business after such a tumultuous time.
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want To Miss
- How did you make your first leap from going solo to hiring empl0yees? [3:00]
- What was your first experience like hiring a bookkeeper and a CPA? [7:00]
- How did you deal with the death of your spouse in terms of deciding to continue on the business? [11:15]
- The transition from doing the job of one to doing the job of two [14:15]
- What kind of advice would you give to business owners that experience trauma? [16:30]
- If you’re just considering the idea of starting a business, seek out what resources are in your local town. Google “small business” and call up the Chamber of Commerce! There are tons of free and low-cost resources that can provide you with priceless knowledge
- While someone will never experience the exact same experiences as you, there will always be people that go through very similar events. Lean on those people and let them empathize with you. There will always be someone that can understand what you’re feeling and help you cope. Don’t isolate yourself or beat yourself up about things that you can’t change.
- Laura’s Website: pawrightpetservices.com
- The Jump Mastermind: http://jumpconsulting.net/jump-mastermind
- Remember to use coupon bella25 for $25 off your monthly membership!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’