Episode 175: How Your Pet Business Systems Save Your Profit
I want you to think of all of your pet business systems. Now, think about a time where maybe you told your staff to do something and gave them all of the direction needed to do it but for some reason, they didn't do what you wanted them to do. Do you know what caused the problem? Today I brought on a very special guest, Liz Illg, to share the importance of systems and processes for your pet business. Liz is the Owner of Puff & Fluff Grooming and Pet Sitting with five locations in Phoenix area. Not only has Liz turned her passion for animals into a thriving business, she is an expert when it comes to creating an environment of growth for your business as well. In fact, as an Operational Strategist, Liz specializes in working with small business owners and entrepreneurs. She can assist with everything from streamlining systems to creating manageable training and operational manuals. Liz received her Bachelor’s in Business from Arizona State University and her Master’s in Education from Northern Arizona University.
Biggest Take Away You Don't Want To Miss
If you’re ever going to grow your business, you need more than an Employee Handbook and Training manual. You need business systems and processes. You need a step by step how-to on how to complete each individual tasks that you do every day. It’s not as easy as telling your staff to do something. In order for it to be done correctly and the way you want it, you need to tell them exactly how you want it done.
You want to engage your employees and feed into them.
- How Liz was able to expand her business from 1 storefront to 5 [2:15]
- Switching your mindset from blaming others to recognizing your own downfalls [7:20]
- The difference between an Employee Handbook and Training manual and having processes and systems [9:33]
- The strategy behind the processes [14:01]
- Tone and Style of writing [23:30]
- Why is the process never complete? [29:33]
- What does it look like to work with Liz? [32:45]
- Download Liz’s FREE Workbook here
- Book a complimentary call with Liz
- Follow Liz on Instagram at liz.illg
- Interested in reading Why Rover’s Beating the Professional Pet Sitter?
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’’
Want More Liz?
If you LOVED hearing from Liz Illg, you can hear more from her in the hour long training she did with our members last summer. She has already transformed a lot of their businesses when they hired her. It works! 😉