Episode 292: Staff Members Leave The Manager, Not The Job
Do you feel like you have a high turnover? Have you ever thought about why you have turnover? Do you know? Is it because of seasonal employees? young staff members moving on? or even life situations? Maybe so! But what if I were to blow your mind and have you consider something you might not have considered, but really can make a huge difference in whether employees stay or go?
It could be your management style, you as an owner, or your manager!
Bad management can turn even some of the best, most reliable staff members on your team away. And if nothing is done about the management, it will continue to happen. Because when the wrong person is named a manager, nothing can entice good employees to stay.
Statistics show, that more than half of employees with bad management are thinking about changing careers, and that half of them will quit because of this bad manager.
As the owner, you want the ability to step away from your business so you can focus on all the aspects that help you and your business grow. When you are bogged down with the everyday task of your employees, growth is put on the back burner.
This week I am giving you four things to consider in order to be a better business manager.
Employees are not solemnly enticed by just money. They want to feel valued, important, and needed. Having good management will ensure the longevity of your staff and keep the morale of the business high. It might be time to evaluate your management team and see if turnover could be due to their lack of good management
- Do your managers know the staff members why?
- How does their tone affect the staff?
- What does the work environment look like?
- What is their leadership type?
- How do their expectations impact the staff?
It is important to know how your management is affecting business before staff members walk out the door.
- If you’re looking for a community that is going to uplift you, challenge you, and help you grow I encourage you to look at the Mastermind group. You will find all the HR answers, business tips, and support you need to help run your business.
- While you are looking to continue and hire your employees, do not take your eye off marketing. Because marketing is for employees too. Better Marketing With Bella helps you with all your marketing needs to ensure you are getting not only enough clients but the right employees too