This episode is part of the “Best of Bella” series. Bella chose this episode with Marcus Sheridan as one of the best for many reasons. Marcus is one of her favorite human beings, they go on a deep dive of content marketing and his book “They Ask, You Answer”. She doesn’t want you to be making the mistake that she sees others doing when blogging, even if you’ve listened to this episode before you’ll want to give it another listen.
- How did Bella and Marcus meet? [2:50]
- Who is Marcus Sheridan? [3:55]
- How did Marcus realize he needed to slow down and start answering questions? [8:45]
- What are the five subjects that move the economy? [12:05]
- What is “Ostrich Marketing”? [13:35]
- How important is video to the marketing process? [15:20]
- What is assignment selling? [20:05]
- How are face-to-face sales changing? [23:20]
Original Show Notes
Bella and Marcus discuss:
- The philosophy of “They ask, you answer”
- Why business owners are afraid of just giving honest answers to potential customers
- The five subjects that move the economy.
- The dangers of “Ostrich marketing”
- How important video is becoming to the marketing process
- Assignment selling
- Face-to-face sales appointments without you being there.
Marcus Sheridan’s book: They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer (available on Amazon)
You can find out more about Marcus at https://www.thesaleslion.com.