Things To Consider Before You Close Your Business (Temporarily)
Lately, I’ve been having A LOT of conversations with pet business owners about whether or not they should close their businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. I want to be clear – I am NOT advocating that you should close your business temporarily or permanently one way or the other. My purpose here to provide all of the different angles you should consider in order to make the best choice for you, your business, your staff, and your clients.
At the end of the day, every business is different. We all have unique situations, circumstances, and experiences that make us all different in our own ways. It is not our place to judge someone else’s business and tell them they need to close or not close. We are all in this together, and we need to support each other now more than ever.
- [2:25] – Consider your area. Different parts of the country (and the world) are undergoing different levels of isolation and social distancing. Check with your local governments for guidance as to how your business operations fit into the current climate. Pay extra special attention if your local area has a “shelter-in-place” directive.
- [5:00] – Consider the effect on your staff. There are a few different options businesses have in regards to dealing with staff. You can furlough them, lay them off, or continue business as usual. As with everything, there are pros and cons to each route.
- [6:45] – Consider the type of messaging coming from your business. Internal and external messaging is critical. The worst thing you can do as a business right now is not to stand up as a thought leader. Keep your audience informed and keep it honest. And please, do not say you are closing up shop without making it clear that it’s a temporary closure.
- [10:00] – If you have to close your business during COVID… do not give up. This is the time to feed your mind so that when the world goes back to normal, we can come back bigger and better than ever.
- Pet Industry COVID-19 Survival Group: jumpconsulting.net/survival
Are You New Here?
Welcome, I am so glad you are here. If you are a dog walker, dog sitter, cat sitter, doggy daycare or kennel owner, then you found the right place. Jump Consulting is the one place on the internet to get all the resources you need for your pet care business. Can I give you some freebies to generate sales and increase revenues for your business? Grab your freebies below.
- Are you starting out? Been in business for less than two years? Get your startup resources here.
- Do you own an established pet care business and you want to take it to the next level.? Get Your builder resources here.