In this episode of “Bella In Your Business”, Bella speaks with Cara Armour, Product Manager and Marketing Manager for ProPetHero, a pet CPR and first aid online training program for pet business owners.
In 2003 Cara Armour co-founded Active Paws Inc., in the Boston, MA area. In 2009, Cara won Pet Sitter of the Year. She is decorated in many accolades and even expanded to opening a grooming and holistic pet supply store.
Since 2003, Cara has been trained by the American Red Cross as well as several veterinarians in Pet First Aid and CPR. In 2011 she completed an instructor training course and became a certified Pet First Aid and CPR instructor. In 2015 she co-founded an online Pet First Aid academy and now works as a product and marketing manager for ProPetHero, the Pet First Aid and CPR division of ProTrainings.
She is also a volunteer and foster home for The Boxer Rescue Inc, a health conscious breeder of Boxers.
Bella and Cara talk about Pet First Aid and how to go about training you and your staff.
They discuss the benefits of being trained which are:
- Being able to save the lives of your pets or pet clients.
- Learning to recognize potential issues with a pet and bring that to the owner’s attention.
- Using that trained status to stand out from your competition and create greater security among your clients.
They talk about how an online training course, such as the ones available through ProPetHero are more useful than in-person training because:
- You can do them at your own pace and anywhere you want.
- The cost is significantly low compared to sending staff to an in-person training course
- You can monitor staff’s progress and comprehension of the material.
There is even a special discount for “Bella in your Business” fans. You can get 10% off by going to here.
Coupon code: CPR-petsitter