Episode 119: Creating Authentic Video For Your Pet Business With Chris Bryant
With new pet sitting and dog walking companies popping up every day (not to mention Rover & Wag), setting ourselves apart is becoming increasingly difficult in a world full of noise. One of the top ways that you can set yourself apart is by using authentic VIDEO in your business. Today, I sit down with Chris Bryant, an expert video producer, to talk about the ways video can help you stand out in the crowd as well as what types of video are better than others.
Chris Bryant was born in Danbury, Connecticut and has had a fascination with telling stories through moving pictures since Jurassic Park stomped into theaters in 1993. He launched his video production company back in 2005. In 2013 the company was rebranded as Empire Studios, where he is currently Creative Director and Principal. He also run Studio 12 Academy, an educational resource focused on video production and running a business around it. Chris is sought out for his knowledge in video marketing, and has been featured in Business News Daily, Inc., Momentology and the Everyday Power Blog, among other publications.
Biggest Takeaway You Don’t Want To Miss
- The most common misconception with video is that is has to be professionally done and movie-star quality. This is NOT true. In our industry, I like to say that we are truly selling three things: trust, security, and peace of mind. It may sound a little backwards, but having every single video you make be professionally done can cause people to tune out and not trust you. It can look disingenuous! Chris’s rule of thumb is that for every 10 videos you do, really only 1 of those should be professionally done while the other 9 are more off-the-cuff. Video is a way to show your audience YOU being YOU! They want to see you be real, raw, and authentic.
- Who is Chris Bryant? [2:00]
- Why do business owners NEED video and what type? [4:00]
- How does video build a personal connection along with trust and credibility? [5:00]
- Should video be perfect or imperfect? [7:00]
- How important is the audio aspect of video? [10:00]
- How does working with a videographer work? [12:00]
- What are the biggest mistakes people make when creating videos? [17:00]
- What are some great online resources for video? [20:45]
- Go to studio12academy.com/bella and you can receive 50% Chris’s upcoming video course, 8 Steps To Creating Amazing Video On A Tiny Budget, launching in November! Also, the first 50 students to sign up are automatically entered to win a $500 camera slider.
- Jump & Scale: jumpconsulting.net/scale
- Studio 12 Academy: http://www.studio12academy.com/
- Chris’ book, “The Step-by-Step Guide to Maximizing Your Video Views” is published exclusively on Amazon, and focuses on making sure the readers’ videos are seen by as many eyeballs as possible.
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Bella In Your Business
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 24:23 — 19.4MB)