As pet sitting business owners, difficult clients are inevitable. However, the way you as a business owner chooses to react to the situation is what truly defines you and your business. Liana Sanders of Wet Noses Pet Sitting in Fort Collins, Colorado, expertly handled a major customer service issue in her business, so I decided to bring her on the show to discuss how she remedied the problem.
Listen in as Liana tells her tale and offers up some expert advice on handling difficult clients and providing top notch customer service. Some of Liana’s tips and topics include:
- The importance of using phrases such as “This is my understanding of what happened” & “I’m sorry about the stress this situation has caused.”
- Why business owners MUST have good phone and email followup as well as offering to appear in person to talk through the problem.
- The reason why business owners should make their employees feel like they have their backs by ‘shielding’ them.
- Why pet sitting business owners should not offer any resolutions or remedies until they fully understand the situation
- How businesses thrive when they utilize a ‘separation of power’ as well as giving situations TIME!