Happy February! Now that January has come and gone and the New Year has rung in, it’s important to keep your social media marketing current and consistent. Read on for some simple, yet effective, topics you can use for your February pet sitting blog or video ideas this month.
4 February Pet Sitting Blog Or Video Ideas
1. Holidays – Valentine’s Day & Groundhog Day
What better valentine is there than your pet? Answer: None! Be sure to use Valentine’s Day to your marketing advantage by writing some blogs or making videos that are fun and light. Here’s some ideas…
- Top 8 Ways To Spend Valentine’s Day With Your Dog/Cat
- The Best (NUMBER) Valentine’s Day Gifts For Your Dog/Cat Of (YEAR)
- An Ode To Your Dog/Cat This Valentine’s Day
- Share some cute pet-themed poems, or if you’re the creative type, write your own!
Don’t forget that February 2nd is Groundhog Day – when we find out if Winter is coming to a close or staying for another 6 weeks! This is great inspiration for blogs or videos as well.
2. Winter Is Coming To A Close
If you haven’t already written about the cold and snowy weather last month, now you can! February is prime real estate to give your clients some helpful cold weather tips for their pets. You can also discuss how to get ready for Spring if you’re the proactive type 🙂 Here are some ideas…
- Can snow salt hurt my dog’s paws?
- Should I wipe my dog’s paws after walking in the snow?
- How to walk my dog safely in the Winter months
- (NUMBER) ways to get ready for Spring
Try to think about if you’ve ever had a question on how to care your dog during a certain situation. If you have, chances are somebody else has too… and then they Googled it! You want to answer relevant and engaging questions to drive traffic to your website. Being a resource is an effective way to set yourself apart from other companies in your area.
3. Winter Games & Activities
If you live somewhere that’s very cold, most of your clients are likely not taking their dog outside much during the Winter. It’s the perfect time to talk about indoor games and activities to keep pets active and engaged. Maybe February is a little warmer where you are and people are taking their dogs outside. In that case, you can talk about the best hiking trails, outdoor games, etc.
4. Pet Educational Themes Of The Month
Heads up! There’s a LOT of themes for February. You could probably plan all of your content around these if you’d like, but don’t feel obligated to use them all if it’s not relevant to your company. Pick the ones you find interesting and more importantly, what your audience would find interesting.
- Pet Dental Health Month
- Dog Training Education Month
- National Cat Health Month
- Responsible Pet Owners Month
- Unchain a Dog Month
- National Prevent a Litter Month
- Spay/Neuter Awareness Month
- Adopt a Rescued Rabbit Month
I hope these February pet sitting blog or video ideas are helpful to you and are able to give you some inspiration. If you are a pet sitting business that DOESN’T have a blog – it’s never too late to start.
If you choose to write about any of these topics – be sure to post a link to your blog in the comments section so I can read it. I want to see where your creative minds take these ideas!